1) Use as monotherapy or adjunctive therapy in the management of complex partial seizures and simple or complex absence seizures.
2) Adjunctive therapy in the management of multiple seizure types that include absence seizures.
3) Prophylaxis of migraine headaches.
4) Acute management of mania associated with bipolar disorder.
Off-label uses include:
1) Maintenance therapy for bipolar disorder.
2) Treatment for acute bipolar depression.
3) Emergency treatment of status epilepticus.
Chemical Name: Sodium 2-propylpentanoate
Cas no.: 1069-66-5 Molecular formula: C8H15NaO2 Molecular weight: 166.2 g/mol